Sunday, July 12, 2009

The chapter I just ended in my life...




I'm so UPTOWN, and muthafucka if you ain't, don't go uptown, yeahhhh!!
Lol, "Uptown" by Drake is probably my song for 2009, hands down. Just thinking about all of those who think I can't make it big, i just think to myself "Ya know what, it's okay. It's okay. Once I hit it big, then you can run and tell ya friends that IM ON!" Lol, I'm lightweight going through it over here because I am thinking about the chapter that I just closed in my life....reflecting while listening to So Far Gone.


I can't help but sit here and anticipate tomorrow, wondering if I am still going to be the same, goal-oriented chick that dreams of working in the industry. How do you begin a life like that? I don't have any connections...don't know anyone famous AND not to mention my resume' is IIGHT, but nothing extraordinary?? I wish that I wasn't so damn pessimistic, that I could just point at my goal, and reach for it.

I can honestly say that the good Lord blessed me with a wonderful life so far. Great parents, a great education, an amazing boyfriend and opportunities ahead of me that any girl would appreciate. But I don't want the average run-of-the-mill life. I'm searching for a career where I can wake up everyday and say to myself..."damn, this is IT!"

I am a free-spirited person, who dreams a whole lot. But how do I turn those dreams into reality? I am a writer. I am a creative writer and I am good at it. I can paint pictures with my words, and I just want to be able to use what I have. Since I was 16, I have always wanted to be a producer. Throughout college, I wanted to be a news producer, and I was blessed to able to produce news for two years. NOW, I want to do what I want to do....produce television shows, a movie, a music video....i want to produce something that the world is going to see and be impacted by.


MY PROBLEM:

...I don't know what I want to create yet.

So where do I get my motivation from? Online. Television. All I do is Google producers, directors, publicists, marketing agencies, anything media related, those who influence me and send them emails asking for advice....but I never get a respond. It's okay, because I heard once that life is all about rejections, and once I do get that phone call or email back, it will be appreciated sooo much more because someone actually gave me the chance.

I am afraid. Afraid that I will be a local nothing. I will continue to be the girl who feels like she is nothing, unless she does something truly inspirational. I want to be big. Not :famous: big, but...for people to notice me, and be like "oh, thats Krista Hayes...she works for E! as an Executive Producer...she pitched the new show -witty name of show here- that assist young girls around the country to be behind the scenes of creating an amazing televison show and potential directors and etc. " Get it???



I dream of the day where I can come into my studio loft apartment in downtown SOMEWHERE, lets just say Miami because I am dreaming right now, and invite my girls over and we can chill out for the night and just call up some VIP tickets to get in the club with superstars, models, actors, actresses, and just live the young as fast paced life. But not as a groupie, not as someones arm candy, not someones "scrimpin" (thats kentucky slang for 'fuck buddy), but as successful Black women.




No comments: