Monday, July 20, 2009

BENCH BLOG #1


I am beginning the first step to shedding pounds by walking the bike trail that is by my house. I tried to jog at first, but after almost thirty seconds, I thought I was going to pass out (embarrassing). Walking the path alone give me time to reflect about my life...remembering my past from walking this trail with friends when I was a teenager, to envisioning my future, and what it entails.

This bench located at the halfway point of the trail will be where I sit for five minutes to blog about my feelings. This is the first entry.

I look around, and just chuckle at myself because I have so many childhood memories from this trail. I worked at Berry Hill Pool when I was 13, and I always took this trail to get there from my house. All that was on my mind was boys, making money, getting away from my parents and anything a teenager could get into.

I took a picture of the park that I went to all the time...kissing boys on the slide, swinging with my girlfriends, watching flashy cars drive by and wondering why so many people were going in and out the car (drug deals), wishing I could drive up to the park, but I couldn't, I was so young. I will never forget the time I smoked a strawberry joint on the swings--that was probably the third time I had ever smoked pot...those were the good ol' days, right? Being a teenager probably was the best years of my life, raging hormones, deviance, curiosity, innocence.


A picture of a beautiful sunflower on the trail:

No comments: